It is a truely wonderful time when your dog is about to give birth to cute little puppies. It is very important that every dog owner must know the accurate time and signs dog labor symptoms.
Preparation for labor period is very important because pregnancy in dog is very short which is only about 63 days or 2 months.
These are early signs and symptoms to look out for when you dog is about to give birth.
1) Temperature may drop below 98 degree fahrenheit usually 1 day before giving birth.
2) Loss of appetite and refuse to eat.
3) Finding a den, safe place or hideaway. Under the bed is a very common place that most pregnant dogs usually stay because it make them feel safe and enclosed.
4) Fever and shivering. Always make sure that water are available for your dog whenever she wanted to drink.
7) Follow you everywhere you go and wanting to be near you all the times.
8) restless, nervous and persistent difficulty falling asleep (Insomnia)
When you dog is trying to tell you something they will always act differently or sometime strangely so besure to watch their behaviour carefully especially after 60 days period.
When giving birth to puppies dog in labor will have strong contractions for about 30-60 minutes you should expect one out every 45 – 60 minutes if it take longer time than 4 hours and you know that there are still more puppies inside then you must call your vet immediately.
Dog is your best friend. Learn all the initial sign of dog symptoms in details at dogsymptomscure.com to help them when they get sick before it is too late. You can also find informations on dog labor symptoms and dog false pregnancy symptoms in detail.